Geriatric Wing

Consulting & Guidance


The Maya Clinic for Geriatric Diagnosis, Consulting, and Guidance

מאיה(The Hebrew acronym for this clinic is the “MAYA” Clinic, which stands for the Hebrew words:
 Mirpa’At   Ivhun YAutz v’hachvana)

The Maya Clinic provides diagnosis, consulting, and guidance services for the elderly and their families. The clinic is located next to the Geriatric Center and is managed by experienced, professional staff members. Maya gathers all the solutions in one location. It provides consulting services and instruction regarding medical diagnoses, needs, and requests, and also provides contacts with community members who can provide support for the patient and his family.

On the Maya staff are:

  • Physicians—specialists in psychogeriatric medicine
  • Experienced geriatric nursing staff
  • Occupational therapists—experts in rehabilitation of memory loss
  • Social worker and certified family therapist
  • Experienced geriatric physiotherapist
  • Clinical dietician—specialist in geriatrics
  • Speech therapistGeriatric Department


The Maya Clinic treats a wide range of problems:

  • Memory loss
  • Mood changes
  • Confusion
  • Loss of balance
  • Difficulty walking, falls
  • Incontinence
  • Sleep disturbances
  • Difficulty in personal grooming
  • Lack of appetite and weight loss
  • Home organization appropriate to the elderly


How do we decide on the care framework?

Elderly people whose functioning is defined as independent or frail are sent to senior citizen homes that are licensed and supervised by the Israel Ministry of Welfare.

Seniors whose functioning is defined as nursing care level or dementia are referred to nursing care hospitals that are licensed and supervised by the Israel Ministry of Health.

Elderly individuals with medical problems whose functioning is defined as needing advanced nursing care level are referred to appropriate institutions supervised by the Israel Ministry of Health and funded by the health funds.

The Beit Avraham Seniors Home cares for elderly whose functioning is defined as needing skilled nursing care or advanced nursing care.


What should we do?

Nursing care patient:

Contact the general practitioner to complete a function level report, and the social worker to complete the social welfare report and contact the Ministry of Health. The Ministry of Health then defines the individual’s function level. If the patient is defined as nursing care level, the Ministry of Health will determine the institutional framework and the amount of the family’s participation, according to an income assessment. Families may contact the nursing care department privately, without an outside source of funding.


Advanced nursing care patient:

Contact the health fund clinic to obtain the 17A form. Present this form to the desired institution. We accept applications from all health funds.


How do we contact you?

Call 972-9-860-4774, leave a message on the answering machine, and we will contact you as soon as possible to make an appointment. There is a charge for appointments at the clinic.


What should we bring to the appointment?

Medical records of diagnoses, medicines, laboratory tests, hospital reports from previous hospitalizations, treatments (e.g. physiotherapy), and any document related to the patient’s health.